Saturday, February 6, 2010

Piggies in the Umber Sky

"Burnt Piggies in The Umber Sky" by Dax Norman from dax norman on Vimeo.


I was going through some old pictures, and noticed a bunch that I had taken during the evolution of my painting, "Burnt Piggies in the Umber Sky."

In this video, I have attempted to string together everything from inspiration to the present into one simple narrative.

Hidden inThe painting, among other things, is a picture of my wife and I at our wedding reception. There are also pictures from the paintings first public showing, while I was in art school in Florida, to where the piece currently shows, at Gallery 444 in San Francisco.

Gallery 444: 444 Post Street San Francisco, CA (in Union Suare)

The music is a remix I made of “The Sun Is Down!” by Yoko Ono Plastic Ono Band.

No comments: